We created our own Chai Spice blend to keep on hand in a little jar for those moments when we are just craving something warming for the soul.
CHAI SPICE INGREDIENTS
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- pinch of black pepper
- Mix this spice blend together and store in a small jar.
CHAI LATTE INGREDIENTS (Serves 2)
- 2 tsp of your homemade chai spice blend
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 4-6 cardamon pods
- 2 cups coconut milk
- Honey to sweeten (optional)
- Add all chai latte ingredients to a small pot over medium heat, bring to a simmer and lower heat.
- Simmer for 5 minutes then
- If you want to create a beautiful frothy latte, give your chia milk a quick buzz in the blender or with a blending stick.
- Enjoy immediately!