The goal is to combine all of the macronutrients so you can rest assured you are nourishing your body with all of the right things in one meal!
Here's a quick breakdown on what makes the perfect nourish bowl:
- Greens - go crazy with your favorite greens!
- Protein - You can keep it plant-based and included your fav ingredients such as beans, quinoa, nuts, seeds etc. or if you are including animal-based protein, add these in. Eggs are a great addition!
- Healthy Fats - You can never go wrong with avocado.
- Veggies - Eat the rainbow! Don't feel limited to what veggies you can include.
- Carbohydrates - Slow-releasing will keep your energy sustained throughout the day. We love using sweet potato, quinoa, brown rice or beans.
- Add-Ins - A good dose of fermented veg will do wonders! You also might like to add some nuts, seeds or hemp seeds.
- Dressing - A homemade dressing is the one we want. You can keep it as simple as lemon juice and a dash of extra virgin olive oil!
We’ve pulled together some of our fav creations from around the interwebs for you to enjoy.
Get the recipe on FMTV.