Dirt! The Movie DVD
Dirt! The Movie is an insightful and timely film that tells the story of the glorious and unappreciated material beneath our feet. Inspired by William Bryant Logan's acclaimed book "Dirt! The Ecstatic Skin of the Earth", Dirt! The Movie takes a humorous and substantial look into the history and current state of the living organic matter that we come from and will later return to. Dirt! The Movie will make you want to get dirty!
Format: DVD - Region Free
RETAIL: $26.99 USD
PRICE: $19.99 USD
SALE PRICE: $19.99
'In this day and age healing our bodies means also that we are nourishing and healing the planet. I truly believe that the symptoms of our modern day technocratic society (Obesity, Cancer, Heart Disease, Depression and even Global Warming) are actually larger symptoms of disconnection.
Disconnection from the foods we consume, disconnection from our family and community and most importantly disconnection from the soil. One of the most important areas we need to look into when considering whole body health and creating a sustainable planet revolves around caring for the soil under our feet. If we truly nourish the soil we can create a sustainable way in which we interact with the planet and in turn produce highly mineralized and nutritious organic foods. It is these key areas of nutrition and food production education that we need so much of at this point in humanity.
We have made it our mission with the 'Food Matters' DVD and this website to help share this important information with you so that you may pass it along to the next generation and to those you love and care for. This is why we are excited to be bringing you 'Dirt The Movie'.
'Dirt' is a fantastic new film fresh on the scene after premiering at 'Sundance' in 2009. Inspired by William Bryant Logan's book "Dirt: The Ecstatic Skin of the Earth", this film takes an investigative look into the history and current state of the living organic matter that we come from and will later return to. It is a winner of many film festival awards including "Best Green Documentary" and "Best Film for Our Future" and is high on our list of recommended documentaries.'
Producer, 'Food Matters' and 'Hungry For Change'
In this film you will witness:
- Children uncovering the secrets of soil fertility and eating from edible schoolyards
- Farmers and agronomists rediscovering sustainable food production
- Small villages standing up for the right to feed their families
- Scientists discovering connections with soil that can help reduce global warming
- Inmates finding inner peace and job skills in a prison horticulture program
Dirt feeds us and gives us shelter. Dirt holds and cleans our water. Dirt heals us and makes us beautiful. Dirt regulates the earth's climate. Dirt is the ultimate natural resource for all life on earth. Yet most humans ignore, abuse, and destroy our most precious living natural resource. Consider the results of such behavior: mass starvation, drought, floods, global warming, and wars. If we continue on our current path, Dirt might find another use for humans, as compost for future life forms!
It doesn't have to be that way. Another world, in which we treat dirt with the respect it deserves, is possible and this DVD will show you how. The film offers a vision of a sustainable relationship between Humans and Dirt through profiles of the global visionaries who are determined to repair the damage we've done before it's too late. There are many ways we can preserve the living skin of the earth for future generations. If you care about your food, water, the air you breathe, your health and happiness... it's time you see DIRT! the Movie, roll up your sleeves for action and Get Dirty.
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
- 'I found this film to have a broad range of views on varying topics having to do with dirt: natural building, tree planting, edible schoolyards (and after watching Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution, I am convinced that EVERY school needs a garden program!), mountaintop removal, mycology, energy, food, water, farming, composting, gardening....
I have since seen this film NUMEROUS times and I highly recommend it. While it does touch on some serious topics, it is not a heavy documentary that requires a barf bag (thanks, Cove) or a prescription for Lexapro. It is informative, general, entertaining and inspiring. AND it has a great soundtrack from KCRW's highly acclaimed Tom Schnabel.'- Betty Black, Los Angeles CA
- 'Fantastic Movie. Beautifully produced, shot and a well told story. Loved the animation. All the right people were interviewed. I aspire to produce a documentary as good as this.'- Sjhaymer
- 'Eye-opening, inspiring. An excellent mix of humor, beautiful images, memorable subjects. The movie introduces the audience to DIRT in the broadest sense -- how it's alive and crucial to our existence. It's excitng to watch. Loved the sections about Rikers Island. This should be nominated for an Academy Award.'-Lindaluxe
- 'Informational, Grim, uplifting. While not ignoring the cataclysmic environmental peril we face, the movie left the audience with a sense of conviction that some needs to be done and a sense of empowerment that even the smallest effort can contribute to the cause (we can all be hummingbirds dosing the fire together)-Caharbaugh
- 'This was such an informative film I could see it several times to get all the details. I will definitely recommend it. I sure look at soil with even more respect that I did before. Thanks!'-Joanne W
Previous Customer Reviews
SHIPPING AND RETURN POLICYOur warehouse is located in Chicago, IL (USA). All orders placed before 2pm CST ship out the same day Monday through Friday. Select products ship from partner facilities. We use the following shipping methods to deliver your order to the desired address:
Please double-check your address carefully when placing an order, we do not issue refunds or reship orders where addresses have been incorrectly entered upon ordering.
USA Domestic shippingUSPS First Class Domestic (STANDARD MAIL) - Starting at $4.95 for standard shipping to anywhere within the United States. Shipping charge will increase with additional items and for heavier items such as books and food products. Orders shipped out using this method take within 5-10 business days to arrive.
UPS Ground with Tracking - Starting at $7.95 for standard shipping to anywhere within the United States. This price will increase with additional items and depending on weight of items. Orders shipped out using this method take within 3-7 business days to arrive.
International ShippingUSPS First Class International - $9.95 for standard shipping. This price will increase with additional items and depending on weight of items. Orders shipped out using this method take 7-14+ business days for delivery to Asia, Canada, Europe, and the Pacific. Some countries due to tight customs regulations may take up to 21-30 business days for delivery. Please note this shipping method cannot be tracked.
USPS Express International with Tracking - $29.95 for a standard order. This price will increase with additional items and depending on weight of items. Orders shipped out using this method take 3-7 business days for delivery to Canada and Europe, Asia and Pacific. This option is not available for orders containing some products.
Where is my package?Occasionally, packages are returned to us as undeliverable. When the carrier returns an undeliverable package to us, we issue a full refund (including shipping charges). We are unable to reship orders that are returned to us as undeliverable. If you suspect your order cannot be delivered as addressed and you have not received confirmation of its return or refund after 4 weeks from the estimated delivery date, please contact us.
Thank you for choosing Food Matters, we hope you're feeling better for it!
What others are saying
|GL12Dirt The Movie DVD|