- 6 tablespoons peanut butter*
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons honey**
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao
- 1/2 teaspoon concentrated natural vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup cashews, crushed (I placed them in snap lock bag and crushed them with my rolling pin)
- Place all ingredients except for the cashews into a medium sized bowl and mix until well combined and looking deliciously chocolatey. Stir in the cashews. Pour the mixture into a silicon loaf tin. Place in the fridge to set.
- This slice only takes a couple of hours to set. However, the longer you leave it the firmer it will become. I like it best the day after making.
- Store in the fridge as it will melt at room temperature.
- Enjoy knowing you aren't feeding the kids or yourself nasty refined sugars.
*you can sub the peanut butter with almond butter if you prefer
**you can use rice malt syrup if you prefer