Use all organic ingredients, where possible.
- 1 sweet corn, kernels removed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 handful chives, sliced
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tomato, roughly chopped
- ½ handful coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 cucumber, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp of pepitas, pounded in mortar and pestle
- 1/2 long red chili, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- In a bowl combine the almond meal, onion, eggs, salt, milk and corn.
- Heat a frypan to high heat and add the oil. Using a spoon, shape the corn mix into 15 patties and apply to the heat. Cook on each side for 2 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Remove and set aside on a plate until all fritters are cooked.
- In a separate bowl combine Spanish onion, tomato, cucumber, coriander leaves, avocado and chili.
- Just before serving squeeze over some lemon juice and mix through.
- To serve stack three fritters on top of each other, sandwiching the avocado salsa in-between and finish with a sprinkle of pepitas.
- Alternatively you can serve them individually and top a spoonful of the salsa on each.
Preparation time 15 minutes
From 'The Healthy Cook' by Dan Churchill.