1. MycotoxinsNaturally occurring toxins include mycotoxins, marine biotoxins, cyanogenic glycosides and toxins occurring in poisonous mushrooms. Staple foods like corn, cereals and coffee beans can contain high levels of mycotoxins, such as aflatoxin and ochratoxin. A long-term exposure can affect the immune system and normal development, or cause cancer.
How to avoid:
Limit your consumption of corn, wheat, barley, sugar, cheeses, coffee not tested for mycotoxin levels, and avoid taking antibiotics as much as possible. They all have a high risk of contamination with mycotoxins.
2. Persistent Organic PollutantsPersistent organic pollutants (POPs) are compounds that accumulate in the environment and human body. Known examples are dioxins and polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), which are unwanted byproducts of industrial processes and waste incineration. They are found worldwide in the environment and accumulate in animal food chains, in particular, in the fatty tissue of animals. Dioxins are highly toxic and can cause reproductive and developmental problems, damage the immune system, interfere with hormones and cause cancer. Once dioxins enter the body, they last a long time because of their chemical stability and their ability to be absorbed by fat tissue, where they are then stored in the body.
How to avoid:
More than 90% of human dioxin exposure is through food, mainly meat and dairy products, fish and shellfish. Avoid fatty meats, and limit consumption of low-grade dairy and seafood.
3. Heavy MetalsToxicity can be caused by over 35 heavy metals, the most common being mercury, lead, arsenic, and cadmium. Heavy metals have been implicated in many serious health problems, such as neurological and kidney damage. Contamination by heavy metal in food occurs mainly through pollution of air, water and soil. Until they are removed or brought to a more manageable level, metals in the body may interfere with your health regime, limiting the beneficial effects of your efforts.
How to detoxify:
Detoxify with these powerful ingredients that naturally help your body rid itself of harmful chemicals and toxins:
- Green Vegetables
- Green Tea
- Cultured vegetables
- Activated charcoal
- Bentonite clay
- and have epsom salt baths
- Zeolites - Zeolites are unique groupings of minerals with a 4-sided honeycomb structure and a negative magnetic charge. Zeolite neutralizes free radicals by trapping them in its complex structure which effectively inactivates and eliminates them.
Looking for a heavy metal detox recipe? Visit FMTV where David Wolfe shows you how to make his heavy metal detox juice!