After all, it’s often said that disease begins in your colon, and along with a healthy diet, colon cleansing is one of the best ways to keep your intestines (and the rest of your body) in tip-top shape.
Why is your colon so critical for good health?Think of your colon as the waste management station of your body. All of the cells and tissues in your body – and your major organ of detoxification, the liver – rely upon a well-functioning colon so they can cleanse your body of toxins.
Yes, waste products that are left over from digestion of the food you eat is sent to your colon to be safely excreted from your body, but also important nutrients and hormones are still being absorbed or manufactured there as well. When everything is working in an efficient manner, your colon would be not only handle the waste, it would alsoabsorb leftover nutrients (like water, electrolytes, and vitamins) from digested foods and send them back for your body to use.
In essence, your colon is deciding what to get rid of and what important nutrients to redistribute.
Now, if you think it’s rare for people to have issues with their colon, think again!
Here are 3 important reasons everyone can benefit from colon cleansing:
- The average person has between 7 – 10 pounds of old fecal matter in their colon, even with a bowel movement each day.
- The accumulation of waste on the walls of your colon creates the perfect breeding ground for parasites, yeast, bad bacteria and viruses.
- In fact, for too many people today, detoxification pathways are essentially blocked. Over time, toxins build up. It is estimated that the average person is exposed to over 123 toxic chemicals each day from food, water, air, stress and personal care products.
Colon Therapy and Colonoscopy PreparationDuring colon therapy, a trained colon therapist uses warm water to gently fill up and flush out your colon. This process may feel strange at first, but it can clean out your colon more thoroughly than many other colon cleansing treatments.
In fact, colon therapy is so effective for cleansing, doctors are beginning to recommend colonics as an effective colonoscopy preparation.
Let’s face it anyone who’s had a colonoscopy will say the preparation was the worst part. Colonoscopy preparation consists of drinking a mixture that results in uncomfortable diarrhea as a way to clear your bowels for the procedure. Indeed colonoscopy preparation alone may keep people from doing this important early-detection procedure.
New research is showing that colon therapy is a win-win for doctors AND patients. With colon therapy, doctors are getting better colonoscopy results and patients have a MUCH easier colonoscopy preparation.
Why Cleanse Your Colon?Besides colonoscopy preparation, there are other reasons to cleanse your colon with colon therapy as well.
Colon therapy is great if you:
- Experience constipation; A healthy colon will eliminate once per day, constipation is going days without a bowel movement.
- Want to improve your colon health
- Want an easier colonoscopy preparation
- Need to detox
- Want to support your digestive health
- Want to hydrate your body down to the cellular level
- Are experiencing signs of “die off” - ie Acne, Sore throat, Headaches, Skin rashes and itchy skin, Muscle and joint aches and pains, Vaginal discharge and itching, Fatigue and weakness, Swollen glands, Nausea, Low grade fever, Depression
- Are moving from processed foods to a healthier diet, like the Body Ecology program.
- Want to flush out bad bacteria, yeast, mucous and old fecal matter from your colon
Colon Therapy EssentialsColon therapy is a great way to jumpstart your journey to health or to enhance the natural cleansing process that takes place as part of a healthy diet.
Here’s what you need to know about colon therapy:
- It’s safe. Colon therapy is a safe way to flush toxins out of your body. Be sure to find a certified colon therapist and check their references as you would with any technician.
- It’s effective. Whether you just need a periodic colonic or want to cleanse out your colon more thoroughly with a series of sessions as you start your new diet, colon therapy is easy, pain free, more thorough, and less messy than many other cleansing options including herbs.
- It reduces detox symptoms. If you are starting to feel the symptoms of detoxification then a colonic can help speed toxins out of your body and keep you feeling energetic.