FOLLOW THE FILMMAKERS
A Healthy Halloween Treat!From 'The Food Matters Recipe Book' - Quick, Delicious and Nourishing Recipes for a Vibrant and Healthy Life!
Staying Healthy at Halloween doesn't have to mean missing out on all things sweet. Here's a tasty alternative to satisfy your Halloween sweet tooth, without any tricks!
Pumpkin Choc Chip CookiesCookies made out of vegetables! Who would've thought? Makes approximately 18-20.
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin, skin removed and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup softened butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp natural vanilla bean powder or extract
- 1 1/4 cups coconut or buckwheat flour
- 1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 50 grams of 70-85% dark chocolate chips or chop a block roughly into chunks
1. Preheat oven to 335 F/ 180 C. Rub in a couple of tablespoons of melted coconut oil over pumpkin. Roast the pumpkin for 45 minutes or until soft. Allow to cool slightly.
2. In a bowl, mix the pumpkin pieces, butter/ coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Sift in the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Combine well to form a smooth batter. Stir through the chocolate chips/ chunks.
3. Spoon tablespoon sized rounds onto a grease-proof baking paper-lined tray. Spread out with the back of a spoon so they are about 1cm thick. Bake for about 15-20 minutes. They will still be soft and the underside should become golden brown.
4. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before storing in an airtight container in the fridge. They are really good when they're still warm!
FREE WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
Yes, keep me up to date with healthy lifestyle tips,
quick and easy recipes, natural healing news and more!